All work is Under Warranty for 30 days. Warranty covers invoiced hardware repairs and purchased parts only (Software is not covered under this warranty. Telephone & Remote support is not included in this warranty)
1. 30 Day Hardware Warranty. Hardware purchased from Tuilla Valley Information & Technology Services (TVITS) is warranted to be free from defects in materials for a period of 30 days and free from workmanship errors for 30 days from the date of completed service. Within the 30-day Warranty period (TVITS), at its own expense, shall either repair or replace the defective Hardware part or product. (5-10 working days may be required) After the 30-day period parts are warranted by the manufacture.
30 Day Work Warranty. The Work Warranty is limited and only covers successfully completed tasks listed on the Invoice provided. If a solved problem reoccurs within 30 days (TVITS) will make the necessary repairs without additional labor costs (customer may be required to purchase additional parts and 5-10 working days may be required). The Repair of “non-original” problems such as new hardware problems and new software issues and or conflicts is subject to the regular hourly rates. After-sale Support that is unrelated to the repairs completed may require additional hourly charges.
1.1. In all cases (except with an On-site Warranty,) the Warranty is a limited “carry -in” or mail-in-based service, not on-site or pick-up service. Consumer’s sole and exclusive remedy is limited to the repair or replacement of defective hardware purchased from (TVITS) and the troubleshooting of software installed by (TVITS). The customer shall deliver (during regular business hours) or ship under Warranty to the office of (TVITS) for Warranty support.
1.2. Customer may be required to change or upgrade the operating system, remove other software programs or remove certain hardware devices for the computer and/or software program to operate correctly. In case the customer is unable to or unwilling to comply with such necessary changes, the customer accepts that further Warranty support is not available, until such changes are made.
1.3. Warranty does not cover or include the following: defects resulting from accidents, misuse or abuse; external peripherals, hardware not installed by (TVITS) and defects or errors that result from such hardware; software not installed by (TVITS); virus damage; mistaken or deliberate reconfiguration or misuse of the software by the end user; the quality or ability of the computer to communicate over a local or wide area network such as DSL and cable modem; unlicensed software; and AOL or other messaging programs.
1.4. Warranty does not cover non-functioning software due to operating system incompatibilities; virus damage to software, and conflicts with other software programs. (The software itself is under Warranty by the manufacturer).
2. If the technician travels to the customer’s location for Warranty Support and the “problem” is not related to the previously completed/billed work based on the terms of this agreement the customer will be responsible for the standard hourly charges incurred to make the necessary repair.
3. If repairs are covered under this Warranty the technician will trouble-shoot and attempt to repair the “problem” at the same location as the original/previous Service Call/Appointment. “Drop-off” repairs (Shop Work) have no on-site Warranty and must be returned (TVITS). Additional procedures like backing-up all files and reinstalling the Operating System will require additional charges. The cost of additional replacement parts are not covered in this warranty.
4. Warranty Service is contingent upon the proper use of the hardware and software, in accordance with the instructions and specifications published by the manufacturer. Warranty does not apply to any hardware or software that has been installed, repaired, reinstalled or modified by people other than (TVITS) employees, contractors or representatives.
5. Warranty does not cover or include the following: defects resulting from accidents, acts of god, misuse or abuse; external peripherals, hardware not installed by (TVITS) and defects or errors that result from such hardware; software not installed by (TVITS); virus damage; mistaken or deliberate reconfiguration or misuse of the software by the end user; the quality or ability of the computer to communicate over a local or wide area network such as DSL and cable modem; unlicensed software; and AOL or other similar programs.
6. Services outside the scope of this Warranty require additional charges. Data cabling, Printer repair & hardware notebook repairs have separate warranties.
7. The express warranties set forth in this agreement are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied.
8. Warranty Service is available Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on a “best effort” basis.
9. Computer(s), equipment(s), parts and software left or not picked-up by the customer for over 30 days no longer remains the responsibility of (TVITS) and may be disposed of without any reimbursement or compensation to the customer.
10. The customer is responsible for providing licensed copies of software if required. (TVITS), employees and contractors: 1) Unable to support, provide or install unlicensed software. 2) Do not provide telephone support for unlicensed software. The customer is 100% responsible for the proper licensing of all software on the customer’s computer(s) and agrees that (TVITS), its employees and contractors shall not be liable for any fees, repair costs, fines or expenses (legal or otherwise) resulting from the use of unlicensed software.
11. Customer agrees that (TVITS), its employee and contractors shall not be liable for any incidental, direct, indirect, or consequential damages (computer or property) or for the loss of profit, revenue, or data incurred by the customer, assignees, affiliates and 3rd parties. (TVITS) is not responsible for the problems caused by changes in or modifications to the operating characteristics of any computer operating system for which services are provided. (TVITS), employees and contractors are not responsible for repairing damage to a computer or the loss of data due to prior, current or future virus activity.
12. Customer acknowledges and agrees that the provisions of this Service Agreement and Warranty are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties. This Service Agreement and warranty supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral accords and communications relating to the subject matter of this agreement.
13 Customer hereby understands, acknowledges and agrees that in any repair(s), a potential for data loss exists. It shall be Customer’s sole responsibility to perform any required, necessary or desired data backup prior to providing (TVITS) with the item(s) to be repaired. (TVITS) shall not be liable for any such data loss or any loss to Customer as a result of such data loss. Customer shall also be solely responsible for any data re-installation. Customer acknowledges, understands and agrees that a risk of accidental system or data damage exists with respect to the requested repair. In the event of accidental damage to such system or data in the course of repairs, customer shall hold (TVITS) harmless from any such damage.
14. Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or to the relationship (either during the existence of the relationship or afterwards) between the parties hereto, their assignees, their affiliates, their attorneys, or agents, shall be litigated or arbitrated solely in Utah. Customer (1) submits to the jurisdiction of such court, (2) waives the defense of an inconvenient forum, and (3) agrees that valid consent to service may be made by mailing or delivery at the customer's last known address, if personal service delivery cannot be easily affected. At (TVITS) is sole election, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement/Warranty shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current-rules of the American Arbitration Association strictly in accordance with the terms of this agreement and the substantive law of the State of Utah. The customer, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, hereby irrevocably waives all right to trial by jury as to any issue relating hereto in any action, proceeding, or counterclaim arising out of or relating to this agreement or any other matter involving the parties hereto. If any legal action is necessary to enforce the terms of this is Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney's fees and court costs in addition to any other relief to which may be entitled. This Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah. ©2012
Please call 435-830-6827 Mon.-Fri. 9am -5 pm
This warranty should not be reproduced without the written permission of Tuilla Valley Information & Technology Services © 2012